You’re a prime producer – which implies you want a resume that produces outcomes too. In case you are sending out your CFO resume and never getting the specified responses, there may be probably some work to be finished.
A CFO resume should illustrate distinctive and excessive worth, presenting the candidate as an astute enterprise chief who’s well-informed of each present monetary and company challenges. Apply these 3 methods to boost the worth and influence of your CFO resume:
1. GET CURRENT
Should you haven’t performed a job search in a while you’re probably behind in fashionable job search developments. At the moment’s CFO resumes contain sturdy methods and polished shows to face out. Some vital ways embrace:
- Hold it quick. A densely packed resume can do you extra hurt than good. No one desires to learn a ‘profession obituary’ (every little thing ever finished and each position ever held). Suppose succinct advertising and marketing software and make each phrase depend.
- Hold it centered and related. Eradicate prolonged job descriptions and generalized overviews; these are a given. Pinpoint pertinent profession content material that demonstrates a strong understanding of the position necessities. Qualify content material fastidiously and solely share particulars and specifics that straight deal with the readers’ wants.
- Hold it loaded with outcomes. Pack in energy statements with actual metrics for enormous influence. Prime achievers want examples that present the proof and front-load statements for larger punch:
- Raised $34M in enterprise and company funding in 3 years.
- Negotiated $21M acquisition with extra $6M fairness funding.
- Generated $40M in more money by figuring out and eliminating underperforming property.
- Saved $50K in annual software program upkeep and licensing charges by implementing an up to date software program program.
2. KNOW YOUR VALUE
CFOs usually progress alongside an analogous profession observe and share many expertise and values, however no two are precisely alike. Why ought to YOU be chosen to steer monetary selections on this prime company position? Spend time considering and calculating your ‘10% distinction’. What makes you distinctive?
Drill all the way down to establish what makes you an authority in your trade and flesh out examples of the place you’ve risen to the problem. It is advisable persuade high-level recruiters, boards, committees, and government administration that you may make a optimistic monetary influence to the enterprise.
Present particular revenue and income beneficial properties, value financial savings, or streamlined efficiencies to help your statements and expertise. You may’t simply declare to be good at one thing, you should show it.
Develop a powerful worth proposition to summarize high-level experiences and work to help this assertion all through the doc. Focused branding or worth proposition statements embrace:
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
STREAMLINES FINANCIAL PROCESSES FOR FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES | $300M in COST-SAVINGS | BUDGETS as much as $2B
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Skilled in Enterprise & Company Funding | Income & Enterprise Enlargement | M&A Administration
Drives operational and monetary effectivity as a trusted advisor and associate, creating over $40M in annual value financial savings. Connects entrepreneurial firms with enterprise capital to intensify enterprise efficiency.
3. SHARPEN THE PRESENTATION
Prime executives want distinct resumes that scream polished skilled. Make use of savvy layouts and design elements (charts, graphs, or color) to make sure the resume impresses at first look.
- Chart it. Visually signify income will increase, revenue or productiveness advances, or value financial savings. Graphs or charts typically communicate louder than phrases.
- Bullet it. Ship ‘chew dimension’ and simply digestible factors as a substitute of heavy blocks of textual content. The distinction might be dramatic. Right here’s a comparability:
Sought out areas for income enchancment and will increase. Situated and dealt with negotiation for an acquisition, valued at $6M, which in the end produced a powerful return on funding (roughly eight instances the return over a 5 12 months time span).
- Helmed $6M acquisition negotiation which produced 8 instances the return on funding inside 5 years, strengthening income potential.
The bulleted content material above is sharper, key particulars soar out, and wordiness is drastically lowered.
As a number one results-generator you probably lack the time to deal with a correct resume renovation, so don’t danger being handed over for a place on the prime; flip your challenge over to a trusted skilled.
A prime performer like your self understands the return on a great funding and the price of a nasty one. Your profession is just too beneficial to gamble with utilizing a resume which will by no means work. Accomplice with a professional to make sure ROI: www.CareerImpressions.ca