Kenya is a novel African nation, well-known for its safaris and epic shoreline. You’ll be able to anticipate finding incredible wildlife like lions, elephants and giraffes – and lots of extra!
Should you’re trying to journey to Kenya, you is likely to be eligible for a Kenya eVisa. The Republic of Kenya has launched a Kenya eVisa system which permits guests to get a Kenya visa on-line with out visiting the Kenyan authorities.
Learn on if you wish to discover out precisely the way to get Kenya eVisa to your subsequent journey to this nice nation in East Africa.
See additionally: Causes to Go to Kenya
Can I get a vacationer visa on arrival in Kenya?
Since 2021, the visa on arrival in Kenya was discontinued, which means that every one overseas guests who require a visa to go to Kenya want to use for it on-line. Vacationers who have been beforehand eligible for a visa on arrival should now get an eVisa.
All guests should get an eVisa whether or not they’re touring to Kenya by air, sea, or land.
Who’s eligible for a Kenya eVisa?
Residents of any nation listed as a Class 2 can apply for a Kenya eVisa on-line.
Guests beneath Class 1 don’t require a visa to go to Kenya. That is primarily reserved for some close by African international locations, choose South American areas, some Caribbean islands and islands in Australasia, not together with Australia or New Zealand.
Class 2 is reserved for guests that may get a Kenya visa on-line. This consists of African international locations not listed beneath Class 1 and most different international locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. Most international locations are eligible to use for a Kenya eVisa beneath this Kenyan visa system.
The international locations beneath Class 3 require a referred visa, which means they’ll want to use upfront. This consists of Afghanistan, Armenia, Iraq, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya and different Center Japanese international locations.
How lengthy does the Kenya eVisa take to course of?
They’re sometimes processed 48 hours after software and may be legitimate for as much as 3 months from the date of concern. Subsequently, it’s suggested to not apply too far forward to your journey.
If you’re fearful about processing time, keep in mind to use at the least 1 week earlier than your meant departure date.
What paperwork do you want for a visa for Kenya?
To submit a profitable on-line software for a Kenya eVisa, it’s essential to put together some paperwork beforehand.
Vacationers wanting to use for a Kenya eVisa should have:
- A scanned colored copy of their biographical web page inside their present, legitimate passport
- Passport-style pictures for Kenya, to be hooked up to the eVisa.
- You could be required to indicate proof of your lodging reservations, a journey itinerary and a return air ticket for a vacationer visa.
- For a enterprise visa, it’s essential to set up a enterprise invitation or legitimate firm registration letter and return an air ticket.
- For a household visa, you might be required to indicate a a call for participation out of your relative, a passport or different identification paperwork out of your host in Kenya, and a return air ticket.
- Suppose you might be touring from a rustic the place Yellow Fever is a well being threat. In that case, it’s essential to present your Yellow Fever certificates to frame officers upon arrival in Kenya to show your vaccination standing.
- You is likely to be required to finish a Kenyan Vacationers Well being Surveillance type on account of COVID-19 laws for air vacationers.
How a lot does a Kenya eVisa price?
The common Kenya eVisa price for a single entry visa is round $51, which features a $1 service cost and card dealing with price. It will permit the visa holder to go to Kenya as soon as.
Should you determine to go for a a number of entry visa, it prices $101 and may be legitimate for as much as 12 months from the date of concern. A 5-year a number of entry visa prices $161.
For a transit visa, the Kenya eVisa price is $21, which features a $1 service cost and card dealing with price. That is legitimate for anybody needing to connect with one other vacation spot by Kenya for as much as 72 hours and doesn’t apply to anybody with a connecting flight who gained’t go away the airport.
Kenya additionally has a joint East African vacationer visa, explicitly devoted to vacationers touring to or from Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda solely for tourism functions. This distinctive Kenya eVisa price is $101, together with service prices.
Are you prepared to go to Kenya?
Should you’re on the lookout for an East African journey, Kenya higher be in your bucket record. With so many unimaginable points of interest in Kenya, together with Nairobi, Wasini Island, the numerous lovely seashores and, in fact the primary spotlight, the Masai Mara Nationwide Reserve, you’ve many causes to go to.
Keep in mind to ship in your Kenya eVisa software upfront to profit from your subsequent trip to Kenya!